Lincoln Kinkade & Zachary Long
Zachary Long is the owner of The Barbell Physio and the Director of Physical Therapy with Carolina Sports Clinic. As a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy, Zach has been trained in helping improve patients’ quality of life and return them to the activities they enjoy doing. Zach’s assessment and treatment philosophies focus on patient empowerment and the methods of McKenzie Therapy, the Selective Functional Movements Assessment, Functional Movement Screen and Dry Needling.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:32 – Lincoln introduces Zachary to the show
- 02:25 – How do you increase your flow of patients into your practice?
- 05:08 – Zachary talks about his career and personal life
- 06:35 – The creation of The Barbell Physio
- 08:30 –”If you want something you’ve never had, you have to be willing to do something you’ve never done…”
- 09:40 – Writing down your life visions
- 13:12 – Changing people’s lives in PT
- 13:44 – Are deadlifts and squats bad for patients?
- 16:45 – Strengthening motor patterns
- 19:25 – Emergence in hybrid strength training
- 22:40 – Zach’s resources for strength athletes
- 25:15 – Improving your squats
- 26:30 –What’s the biggest challenge in the PT industry?
- 31:13 – Countdown Round:
- What is biggest weakness?— Accepting mediocrity
- What is the one habit that has led to your success?— Not afraid of the hustle
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—
- Is there one resource that helps you in your daily work?— Google Docs & Dropbox
- If you could recommend one book, what would it be?— Raving Fans
3 Key Points:
- With the increasing interest and popular in the hybrid strength training, the knowledge has grown in the last half decade. There is a new age of working out and the usage of physical therapy simultaneously.
- The importance of blogging and rebranding, Zach took a hobby of his, BarBell Physio, and spent more time on it and the website took off.
- Come up with as many plans of business as possible. Think through them and talk to mentors. Get to where you want to be in your life and career.
- Chill Athlete: Performance apparel, cooling gear and Physical Therapy products from athletes–visit Chillathlete.com to learn more!